Thursday 29 March 2012

Non, je ne regrette rien

Please note I have experienced some formatting issues with this particular blog entry.
I really can't get enough
of this quote. Love it.

A week ago I stumbled across a quote which has changed the way I look at things........

“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it need to be. Don't think that you've lost time. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. and now is right on time.”
Asha Tyson
adsjpiasjdoijasojdaoisdj
Since then I have been reassessing a lot of things and to be more precise, the recent past. The quote taught me that there's no point regretting the past because I can't change it, but what I can do is use my experiences to shape my future.
I'm not going to beat around the bush, it's time to be open and honest to a point where it might upset a few people, and let's start with the person who started this mini-evolution of me, Jodi.
adsjpiasjdoijasojdaoisdj

I thank Jodi for the 11 years we were friends, I appreciate the times she helped me but I no longer regret losing my friendship with her. It is what it is now because we just weren't compatible of friends at this time. We were good friends and maybe we'll be good friends again in the future, who knows?
adsjpiasjdoijasojdaoisdj

Don't get me wrong, Jodi was a lovely girl and was one of the few who could bring out virtually every emotion in me, and it hurts how our friendship quickly fell apart, but I think it might have been a good thing as she isn't what I need right now so there's no point regretting what happened anymore. I have apologised for my part in the friendship falling apart (for those that don't know, her friend accused me of being a stalker, something which I can assure you I was not, and I find it disappointing that now she is going around saying I was to people, at least according to the people who have contacted me to tell me what she's been saying. I don't really want to replicate the immaturity she has shown since the friendship ended, but I can assure you all that I have not, am not, and nor do I ever intend to stalk Jodi).
adsjpiasjdoijasojdaoisdj

If she accepts my apology then great, if not then meh, either way I think that friendship is dead in the water for the time being, although never say never. That is the last time I will ever reference Jodi in this blog.
adsjpiasjdoijasojdaoisdj

Letting go of regret has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. It's a fine line between regret and insanity and I was treading that line very dangerously, but that's the old me. This shit happened but there's nothing I can do about it, just get on with it. And I think that it's summed up quite well in a quote from the Shawshank Redemption, "Get busy living or get busy dying!"
adsjpiasjdoijasojdaoisdj

So yeah, this is now what my life is going to be, regretting the past is pointless, it's all about the future. I think about the past on a regular basis and have regretted stuff, I have regularly gotten nostalgic as well, but the best part about nostalgia is that you conveniently forget the bad parts of what you're remembering, and that's the difference between the two. Nostalgic is fucking awesome and that's what's going to happen from now on. Nostalgia, not regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment