Wednesday 14 March 2012

OOOOOOOOH, we're half way there

Hello all

As all regular readers know, I have been on a diet recently. Having worked mainly in office and call centre environments since 2005, my weight has rocketed up in that time from what was a reasonably healthy mid-12 stone range, to what at it's peak became 18 stones 11 (263 pounds for those of you who are in countries that don't use the stones system) and it was at that point that I knew I had to do something, but I have always struggled to get started on diets.

It was January 12th this year, if memory serves me correctly anyway, when I was in a conversation with someone who said she was going to go on a diet and at that point I thought, well now I have a reason, or at least a diet buddy. This was good as it gave me that motivation as not only was someone doing it with me, but their target weight loss was roughly the same as mine (60something pounds), so I saw it almost like a bit of friendly competition, who would reach their target weight first? I very much doubt the other person saw it this way but it gave me motivation :P

Anyway, after various ups and downs, I have now gone beyond the half way mark. My target was to lose 63 pounds to bring me to an even 200, and as of last night, I now weight 16 stone 7, which in other words is 231 pounds, which means I am now over half way and that is such a good motivator it's nice to know that there's more behind than there is in front.

I might not stop at 200 pounds, I might keep going until I reach a weight where I am happy and healthy, which of course is the most important thing, but either way, losing more than half my target is an awesome moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment