Wednesday 28 March 2012

A long overdue thank you

Hello all

 
As I mentioned in the video for my previous blog entry, I owe two people a massive thank you and they are Ellen and Charlie.

 

Myself and Ellen back in 2007....after she had stolen my hat
 I've known both of them since 2005 and since then they have been awesome friends and I can't thank them enough, especially over the last few months where they have both really helped with my well documented (well, I say well documented, on here and Facebook) issues.

 
I first met both of them when I started working at BT. I had been working there for about 2 months when one day a girl came up to me saying asking if the seat next to me was free......"Go for it" was my response.

 
After about two hours she noticed I had a lot of football programmes next to me that I was slowly making my way through. This lead onto our first ever conversation and we just clicked instantly. Two nights later and my, her and her boyfriend at the time went on a night out.

 

 

 Soon afterwards I met Ellen through Charlie, probably at Cubes. She also worked at BT but in a different team, so we rarely spoke, but we also got on quite well, although we are very different people in the sense that Ellen is loud, in your face and very friendly, at the time I was pretty much the opposite, the shy, retiring type. It was very weird, but a good weird.

 
Through these two and the weekly nights out to Cubes, I met some people who I have also gone on to be good friends with, such as Catherine, Debra and a few others who's names escapes me.

 

I don't think I've ever been more socialable than when I am with Charlie and Ellen. I was regularly going out on Friday nights with them (although I often didn't stay out long), I would go to the cinema with them (as opposed to the usual venturing on my own) and they were just awesome.

 
What I also love is their sense of humour. Me and Charlie both have warped senses of humour and are both a bit nostalgic. A few weeks after meeting her me and her had a massive Bomberman (an old game on the Megadrive for those who are not aware) session. I think we were playing for about 4/5 hours....which I can assure you, is a long time to be playing Bomberman.


Charlie

 
I've had some great times with both of them, and some of the funniest moments of my life has been with them.
 
  • Ellen's school"girl" night out for her birthday in 2006.
  • Carrying Charlie on my back before starting to go uphill and getting tired very quickly.
  • Once getting changed in Ellen's room, one of her room-mates sort of walked in and then shouted "Ellen's got a naked boy in her room" at the top of her voice.
Good times. Good times indeed.

 
But what I love most about these two is that they are there for their friends. Granted, they don't always answer the phone, but I know that there is a reason behind it, rather than some others would just not answer for the sake of not answering. Over the past few weeks they have been awesome by helping me through my issue with Jodi, as well as various other things, and I can't thank them enough. There are no words for how great these two are.

No comments:

Post a Comment