Thursday 20 June 2013

An unexpected twist is a good thing - Manchester vs Lincoln vs Nottingham

Hello all

A few months ago I mentioned that the house I was renting was put up for sale by the owner, I was a bit upset at the time as I was happy living there and loved living with the housemates at the time, however, it was hinted to Amaury by the owner that she wouldn't be renewing her contract with the agency when the year's contract was up in July, and that is what has happened. On Monday I received confirmation that we have 30 days to leave the property, but fortunately my parents have agreed to take me in for a few months.

Now, some of you are probably reading that and thinking "what? why not just move somewhere else?" Well the reason is that I might by moving to the Manchester region in the next few months, so if I did start to rent elsewhere then it would mean I was committed to a minimum six months, and if I moved to Manchester then I would be paying for two places. Moving in with the parents means that I won't have to worry about a committed time period, and don't get me wrong, I don't want to live with my parents again, but it is the most sensible option open to me.

I will know by this time next month whether I will need to move to Manchester or not, and after that period I will start looking at moving to a new place, but not necessarily back to Newark. Don't get me wrong, I like Newark and in terms of pure convenience for getting to/from work, it would be by far the best option, but it's a chance to move somewhere I want to be.

There are two main options available to me really, Lincoln and Nottingham.

Lincoln

Pros


I love Lincoln, grew up there.

I have a lot of friends in Lincoln and it would be good to see them.

I know Lincoln like the back of my hand, virtually no chance of getting lost.

It wouldn't take me a long time to get home after the football.

The Brayford Pool (right) is one of my favourite places, I love to go and chill out there on a regular basis when I am in Lincoln.

Cons

There is precisely fuck all to do in Lincoln after 6pm except for the cinema and Rileys.

Properties aren't particularly cheap and very few have bills included.

Lincoln is the only place I seem to have trouble with regards to being transgendered.

Nottingham



Pros

Unlike the last time I lived in Nottingham, I am mentally prepared and know what to expect

Despite initially hating Nottingham, I love the place now, and have said since the day I left that I wouldn't mind living there again.

There are a lot of things to do and as much as I had my issues with Nottingham in the first spell of living there, but I was never bored.

The properties in Nottingham to rent are surprisingly cheap. On Primelocation the cheapest to rent was £300 without bills included in Newark, there are currently about 20 cheaper than that in Nottingham right now with bills inclusive. Bill inclusive is a big pull for me.

It would be great to see my friends from my days in Nottingham on a regular basis.

Excellent transport links

Cons

Crime. Within the first three months of me living in Nottingham, my car got broken into three times.

A very high representation of the chav culture in Nottingham.





I think we all know which option I am going to choose.....

No comments:

Post a Comment