Tuesday 4 September 2012

It's back, oh yeah!!!!

Hello all

A few times during this blog I have mentioned that I used to be a member of an internet forum known as Rant Rave. My former friend Jodi (oh yes, her again) introduced it to me one night and between 2004 and 2006 it turned me from a nice, calm person into someone who was not shy to share their opinions, both on the internet and in person, infact it changed who I was on so many levels that it seems weird looking back on it now.

When the forum shut down it felt like I had lost something, as time went on the various replacements sprung up featuring the same old members, Angelica, Gabs, Jen, DeBauch, et al, but it didn't quite feel the same. Rant Rave was special, it wasn't just an internet forum, it was the online equivalent to home.

Then, this evening, I got a message from one of the former members telling me that RantRave is back, albeit it in a slightly different guise. I was only 20 when I first got into RantRave so I am a lot more mature than I was back then, and now probably best fit into the category of "passive aggressive", but I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of this.

I met one of my closest friends, Megan, on RantRave, as well as making some other good friends, so if it changes my life as much as it did the time before, then I welcome it back into my life with open arms.

Whilst I am talking about RantRave and how happy I am that it is returning, I would just like to take a moment to again talk about Teresa, a former member of the original RantRave who tragically died earlier this year. I won't claim to have known her well but we always seemed to get on quite well when we were talking, so I can only hope that if there is an afterlife, you are enjoying it IdolGirl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment